Archant is committed to respecting Your privacy. This statement sets out how Archant Group Websites comply with European Community data protection requirements. We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998.
This privacy statement applies to this Website only – it does not cover other websites to which We may provide links, or to Archant Websites other than those operated by Archant Group.
Is it possible to access the Website without disclosing personal data?
Yes. You can visit the Website without identifying Yourself or revealing any personal information. Once You choose to provide Us with any information by which You can be identified, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What information do We collect?
We collect the personal data that You volunteer on forms You submit to Us (for example in registering for membership services), and in emails You send to Us.
Where You can Order products, We will collect Your name, contact and billing information, transaction and credit card information.
Registering via a Social Network
If You choose to register via a Social Network on our registration page (“Social Network Registration”), You acknowledge and consent for Your data held by the Social Network site (subject to the Social Networks Terms and Conditions) to be processed and shared via a third party whom may be based outside of the European Economic Area and for such data to be processed by Us. During Social Network Registration we will obtain your name, email address and other profile information dependent on the social network used. Your social network password is not shared with us.
What do We do with the information We gather?
We require this information to understand Your needs and provide You with a better service. We will also use it to send You the information You have requested – for example details of houses for sale and jobs which match Your requirements.
We may contact You for market research purposes or to give You information about new features on the Website. You will only be contacted if You have given Us authority to do so.
Do We disclose Your personal data to third parties?
We will ensure that Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties except insofar as:
- You have consented to such disclosure; or
- We are required to do so by law; or
- We receive a court order requesting or directing Us to so; or
- We reasonably believe that You may be in breach of any applicable law (such as but not limited to posting content that is defamatory), when We may provide Your personal data to the relevant third party or their legal representative.
Your personal data may be disclosed to other companies within the Archant Group.
Is the information You hold on me secure?
We are committed to ensuring that Your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure We have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information We collect on-line. All employees who have access to Your personal data are contractually obliged to respect Your confidentiality. We have put in place technology measures and security policies and procedures to protect personal information from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction or accidental loss.
Yes. A cookie is a piece of text which asks permission to be placed on Your computer’s hard drive. Your browser adds that text in a small file. A cookie helps Us to analyse web traffic and allows Websites to respond to You as an individual. For example cookies are used for membership details on the property, jobs and business sections.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not:
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
Do We gather any other information?
Yes, We use independent measurement and research companies who gather non-personal data regarding the visitors to Our website on Our behalf using cookies and code. Both the cookies and the embedded code provide non-personal statistical information about visits to pages on the website, the duration of individual page view, paths taken by visitors through the website, data on visitors' screen settings and other general information. Archant uses this type of information, as with that obtained from other cookies used on the website, to help it improve the services to its users.